CBM Australia is a non-profit company limited by guarantee which operates the following tax deductible funds:
- CBM Australia Overseas Development Fund.
- CBM Australia Aborigine Welfare Fund
- CBM Australia Library
- These funds have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status with the Australian Tax Office.
Protecting Your Privacy
CBM Australia is committed to protecting your privacy in every way possible including complying with the National privacy Principles in relation to collecting, using, disclosing, securing and allowing access to your personal information.
Your identity is kept confidential and the information you provide is only used for the purposes outlined below. We aim to provide a safe, secure and informative experience for you on this website.
Personal information held by CBM Australia may include:
- Contact information (e.g. name, address, phone and email address). Your contact information may be used to process donations, provide receipts, and send you information about CBM. By letting us know, you can choose not to receive further correspondence from us.
- Donor number. Each donor is allocated a number to assist CBM in the processing of donation and contact information with our records.
- Financial information, e.g. donations history, is used to process donations, issue receipts and answer queries from donors.
Change of Details/Cancellation
To update personal information or request no further email contact, you can choose one of the following:
- Submit feedback to our Donor Relations Department (Call our FREE Call number: 1800 678 069).
- Mail a request to the following postal address:
PO Box 348
Box Hill VIC 3128
When contacting us to change your details, please include the following:
- contact details (i.e. name, postal address, telephone number); and
- CBM donor number (if you have one)
Secure Financial Transactions
When you make a donation or order from our on-line catalogue, we use the SecurePay Online Payment Gateway to securely transmit financial transactions to the Commonwealth Bank in real time. Due to the use of this technology, your credit card number is never stored on our server or in any place on the Internet. We do not even see your credit card number when the SecurePay technology is used.
CBM Australia complies with Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards in relation to the receipt and handling of credit card data. Further details of these standards can be viewed at: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/index.shtml.
Notwithstanding our detailed security measures, we are unable to warrant that unauthorised access to data cannot occur.
How Your Donation Is Used
CBM is committed to following your preference in how you want your donation used. However, if more funds than required are received for a particular project, program or item, CBM will use the surplus funds in another project or program within its area of ministry.
Links with Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites which we think might be of interest to you. Similarly, other sites may have links to our site. CBM (Aust) is only responsible for the content, privacy practice or business practice of its own website.
If you have any questions or feedback on CBM, its website or this privacy statement you can:
- Submit feedback on our feedback page.
- Call our FREE Call number: 1800 678 069; or
- Send us a letter to the following address:
PO Box 348
Box Hill VIC 3128
If for any reason you are not happy with your dealings with CBM Australia you can lodge a complaint with us by:
Ph: FREE Call 1800 678 069 Feedback: CBM Australia Mail: CBM Australia, PO Box 348, Box Hill VIC 3128, Australia
CBM Australia is a signatory to the ACFID Code of Conduct, a voluntary, self-regulatory code that sets out an organisation's commitment to conducting its activities with integrity and accountability. CBM is committed to the code's high standards of sustainable development, governance and financial management.
If you are concerned that CBM may not be complying with the ACFID Code of Conduct, then a complaint can be lodged with ACFID directly.
CBM is also a signatory to the International People in Aid code of good practice and Child Wise.